error code 0x80004005 – The operation failed Fix: If you are getting this error again and again in your windows then you are in the perfect place to find the solution of it. Out of many errors of Windows OS, one of the most common is the error code 0x80004005 | The operation failed. This error pops a lot while trying to run, install or even normally using Windows.
In the following post , we are going to discuss that how you can easily fix your fix your Windows PC without breaking it apart. The methods stated in this post can also be used for solving error codes as specified on the official Microsoft Support forums.
0x80004005, 0x80090006, 0x8009001d, 0x80070002, 0x8007007f, 0x8007007e, 0x800705aa, 0x8007007e, 0x80004005, 0x800705aa, 0x80070002, 0x80004005, 0x800405aa, 0x80090019 and 0x800703e7
Causes of 0x80004005 | The operation failed Error
- Missing system files and corrupt Windows directories.
- Latest Windows updates not installed.
- Using older versions of Flash for IE.
- Malware and Adware.
- Dirty registry.
How to fix 0x80004005 | The operation failed error
- Install CCleaner and remove all the junk software along with all odd adware present on your PC.
- Install Latest Windows Updates as shown here
- Install this update from Microsoft (x86) (x64)
- Reinstall your antivirus. This error especially occurs with the Norton Antivirus.
- Press Win+R keys and then type %temp%. Delete all the files there.
- Restart your PC.
According to the press released by Microsoft, the major reason for this errors is the Flash for IE10 and IE11. It seems that Microsoft didn’t fully check the Flash plugin for any hiccups before pushing it into the final builds for Windows.
But no problem, if you have followed the fixing method correctly your pc will now not show the error 0x80004005. If you are still facing the same error, then you might have done something wrong.
Try performing the steps mentioned once more. In the case of further problems, hit the comment section and tell us whether these steps solve your problem or not.